Food

Rosa’s Recommendation of the Week- Turtle Bay

Miriam talks us through this week's recommendation.

Turtle Bay is a must go for any student in Nottingham. Having never tried Caribbean food and not being great with spice, I was a bit dubious about whether I was going to enjoy the food. Despite my scepticism, I figured that I would try it, and it totally lived up to its hype. 

As you walk in, the atmosphere is cosy, with fairy lights and a beach hut theme, creating a friendly vibe.

The food is unbelievable. I always opt for the one pot meals. I recommend the salmon, because it just falls apart in your mouth. I would have to say that it’s one of the best curries that I’ve ever had.

The one pot goat curry is also incredible, and the portion sizes are pretty good. According to my friends, the jerk chicken is extremely tasty.

A little bonus is that the side dishes are two for £5.40, meaning that I’ve always end up ordering far too much food because the prices are so reasonable. Even better, Turtle Bay has a range of spices, so if like me you can’t handle chilli, you won’t be left out.

Not only is the food fantastic, but Turtle Bay is well-known for its cocktails. Just when you think that it can’t get any better, they offer happy hour, 2 for 1 on cocktails from 11:30am to 7pm and from 10pm until closing time. The cocktails are mainly rum based, but if that’s your thing then you’ll love it! The passion fruit rum punch is my personal fave.

So, if you’re looking for a nice place to eat or drink with an edgy vibe, Turtle Bay is the one.

Miriam Thompson 

Featured and article images courtesy of Turtle Bay via Facebook

For more Food Articles follow Impact Magazine on Facebook and Twitter.

FoodFood ReviewsLifestyleNutrition