Food

Rosa’s Recommendation of the Week – Yamas

Impact's Editor-in-Chief, Emma, talks us through the fourth recommendation in the series.

Yamas is a Mediterranean meze and tapas restaurant situated in the heart of the city centre, just outside of Hockley. It is a small and cosy venue, which offers great service, great vibes and even more so, great food.

When walking into the restaurant you are greeted by the welcoming staff who help you decide how many dishes to order, and they also give their own recommendations if your struggling to choose. (They all sound so nice – it’s hard to decide!)

The restaurant provides a relaxing vibe, with its dim lighting and wooden décor providing a warm feeling for its customers and making it the perfect place to visit with your friends or family if you want a nice and comfortable sit-down meal.

Yamas has a range of menus depending on the time of day, including the main menu and also a lunch menu which is offered Wednesday-Saturday from 12pm to 4pm. Although some of the dishes from the main menu can be on the pricier side, the quality is well worth every penny that you spend.

If you’re not feeling like splashing the cash much, I’d highly recommend the lunch menu. Costing only £7.95 for 3 dishes (which is more than enough for one person), you can choose anything from Chorizo to Calamari, or if you’re vegetarian, there are still plenty of dishes on offer, including Champinones al Ajillo (tasty little mushrooms,) Pitta and Hummus, and lots and lots of cheese!

Yamas can also be complimented on its dessert menu. Desserts are often the downfall for restaurants, however Yamas offers a wide range of desserts, including more traditional English desserts to Greek Baklava. The prices seem a bit steep, but the portion sizes are huge, and it is the only place I can say I have visited where the Baklava tastes as authentic as the real deal fresh from Greece.

No matter the occasion, if you want authentic Mediterranean food for a good price, Yamas is the best option in Nottingham!

Emma Heasman 

All images courtesy of Yamas via Facebook.

For more Food Articles follow Impact Magazine on Facebook and Twitter. 

FoodLifestyleNutrition