0 January 5, 2019 16:14
Looking for a quick, easy soup to soothe your soul in-between revision? Behold Inga’s carrot and tomato soup! This recipe makes two portions, so either freeze the remainder for a quick pick me up during exam week or pop it in the fridge for lunch in the next few days tomorrow!
1 tablespoon of oil
2 garlic cloves
3 or 4 carrots
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon of tomato puree
150ml chicken stock
Chilli flakes (optional)
Hand blender (optional)
- Peel and dice the onion and peel the garlic and chop roughly. Heat the oil in the pan and add the onion and garlic and leave on a medium heat till it begins to brown.
- Peel the carrots and remove the tops and tails. Finely dice and add them to the pot and allow to cook for 5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the tomato puree and allow to boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, a good pinch of the mixed herbs and paprika, as well as a small pinch of the chilli flakes if they’re being used.
- After reaching boiling point, lower the heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup with the hand blender or leave chunky if you prefer.
All images courtesy of Inga Becker-Hansen.
For more Food Recipes follow Impact Magazine on Facebook and Twitter.