2016: Hot Or Not – Assassin’s Creed (The Movie)

Anyone who’s played Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed games will know the basic idea: a modern man is put inside a computer simulation (known as the Animus) and taken back in time, placed within the body of one of his ancestor, who happen to be Assassins who are locked in an eternal struggle with the shadowy Templars.

The step from video game to big screen could be a very interesting one for Assassin’s Creed. The game includes a number of spectacular landscapes and some incredible action pieces, something that could be captured fantastically in film. The free-running aspect, that is particularly popular in the games, will also hopefully make for an exciting and upbeat film. Video games may not have the best history when being transferred to the big screen, but hopefully Assassin’s Creed will not follow in their footsteps.

“With the ability to show two storylines, one in the past and one in the future, Assassin’s is an extremely exciting concept for the big screen, and one I cannot wait to see realised.”

Though the games central character Ezio may have not made the transition to the big screen, Micheal Fassbender leads a strong cast (including Jeremy Irons and Brendan Gleeson) as Callum Lynch. He is a modern man who is sent back in to the body of his 15th century ancestor, Aguilar, in order to learn the skills of the Assassin Order that he will need to fight the Templars in the present.  With a whole series of time-hopping video games, a success at the box office could quite easily see the birth of a fantastic new franchise.

Get ready to see Micheal Fassbender sprinting across the medieval rooftops sometime in December.

Henry Stanley

Image sourced from Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft Pictures/20th Century Fox

Click here for more Features and News

For more articles from Film & TV, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.