Music

Gig Preview: JP Cooper

Looking for something to do this Tuesday? Whether you’re bored of going out every night or you’re looking for somewhere to take your friend, crush or significant other, look no further than Rescue Rooms as JP Cooper is more than likely to provide a sick evening out with his amazing vocals and phenomenal songs.

You may know him from his smash hit No. 1 ‘Perfect Stranger’ but there’s much more to the Indie-Soul artist from Manchester. His upbringing in rock and indie music merges with his experiences with Gospel to bring together two very different genres that shouldn’t work together but do. He has a catalogue of songs and EP that should make for an extremely entertaining show and with Prose as a supporting act, enjoyment is the only option if you plan on spending your evening at Rescue Rooms.

But, don’t just take our word for it…

With over 9 million Spotify plays on just two EPs, the Island Record signee is now working on his debut album in between tour dates; this show is a great opportunity to see what is in store. Having sold out four headline shows in London last year, including the historical Koko venue, this show is not to be missed.

With fans ranging from Boy George to Stormzy and collaborations ranging from Kojey Radical to Jonas Blue it’s clear that JP Cooper is one to watch in the future. With production credits on his upcoming debut album from the likes of Florence + The Machine and Jake Bugg, the only way is up.

Buy tickets here.

Joshua Ogunmokun

Image courtesy of the artist

Follow Impact Music on FacebookInstagramTwitter and Spotify.

Music