Music Advent Calendar #8: Pulled Apart By Horses – ‘Merry Christmas Everyone (Cover)’

Holding up the philosophy that Christmas music should not only be festive, but diverse, Impact has compiled a list of 25 ‘Christmas songs’ to take you through advent. Including not only songs which are indisputably part of the Christmas canon, but also straying into areas of music which holds looser links to the season. Starting with the tenuous and heading for the recognised classics, look no further for your advent soundtrack.

https://soundcloud.com/too-pure-singles-club/pulled-apart-by-horses-merry-christmas-everyone

Just in time for the festive season, Pulled Apart By Horses have brought a touch of post-hardcore to this Christmas classic. Building on Slade’s original desire to spread Yuletide cheer across the world through the medium of pop music, the Yorkshire foursome extend the goodwill to those predisposed to some good old-fashioned “back door scuzz rage pop”.

Sped up, fuelled with grunge and laden with crucial PABH flavours – squealing guitar fills, upbeat drums and a healthy dose of screaming – this cover is sure to reinvigorate the post-turkey slump on Christmas Day. “IT’S CHRRRIIIIISTMAAAASSS!” was just begging for a hardcore cover.

James Noble

For more from Impact Music, check us out on Twitter