Impact on the Campaign Trail: Day 8

As it draws closer to Results Night, candidates are still dedicated to campaigning across campus.

Campaigning inside Portland was Kelly Clarke, who is running for Equal Opportunities and Welfare Officer, alongside her campaign team. Speaking to Impact, Kelly told us “The campaigning is good fun, although it is stressful at times, its great meeting the other candidates!”

IMG_20150311_111303267_HDR

She added, “You do have to work out where to hit and new places to go, which can be tricky because obviously everyone else is there campaigning as well.”

Seb Bench, running for Community Officer, was outside Hallward distributing information about his aims and manifesto. Speaking to Impact, Seb said, “I do feel pretty good about Results Night!”

IMG_20150311_113552677_HDR

He added, “Last Tuesday was when I properly started face to face campaigning and I’ve spoken to a lot of people and seem to be getting a good response.”

Outside the Portland Building, the campaign team for Rob Jennings, candidate for Activities Officer, were in place. Although Rob was not present, his campaigners had a stall outside Portland, allowing them to easily engage with students.

IMG_20150311_110246151_HDR

His campaign team told Impact “Rob’s enjoying hearing such positive feedback for his video because he put a serious bit of time into it and it’s also nice to hear that people are engaging with the bits we’re doing across campus as well.”

Keisha Bullock-Singh

Images: Impact Images, Keisha Bullock-Singh

Click here for all our coverage of the 2015 SU Elections or follow Impact News on Twitter and our SU Election 2015 Facebook.

NewsSU Elections