Style

Shop or Drop: SS15 #2

Although a self-declared hoarder myself – especially when it comes to clothes (seriously I can’t get rid of anything), there comes a time in a girl’s life, generally before every season that we put down our old items that we once loved and move onto bigger and better things. 

SHOP: HIGH GLADIATOR SANDALS | DROP: OVER THE KNEE BOOTS

shopdrop1

We all loved the over the knee trend that was all over the high street last season, with almost every blogger and celeb styling a pair, it was hard not to get excited about them. However as the seasons flow by we need to up our game and get our wardrobes into weather appropriate mode. Which is where these high rise gladiator sandals come in, they add more than a dash of bohemian spirit to the spring/ summer trend. So why not upgrade your footwear and give your feet some room to breathe in these ultra-stylish sandals.

SHOP: SUEDE | DROP: LEATHER

shopdrop2

I don’t think we’ll ever be over a classic leather jacket, I know it’s always one of my go to’s when I’m in doubt (it literally goes with everything right?). However to break away from the laid back comfort of a leather why not opt for something a little more summery, a suede jacket is right on trend with the 70’s vibe everyone is going for so why not warm up your wardrobe with a soft beige or tan suede jacket that’s sure to get heads turning.

SHOP: MINI DENIM JACKET | DROP: OVERSIZED

shopdrop3

90’s grunge is a style that I’m sure many will always revert back to, and nothing tops it off more than an oversized denim jacket. Although a great way to add edge to most outfits, I’m putting down my oversized denim in favour of a more fitted western style. Fitted denim jackets have been all over the festival scene making them the perfect essential to any festival outfit.

SHOP: THE PLATFORM HEEL| DROP: THE STILETTO SANDAL

shopdrop4

I love platform heels, partly because they make walking in heels much easier and partly because they make all legs look that little bit longer, which is why I’m all for the groupie inspired chunky sandals that took the catwalk by storm. Let’s get rid of the lady like stiletto and dance the night away in disco decadent platforms.

Chanelle Olaleye

Images: Topshop.com, asos.com, Monki.com, Urbanoutfitters.com, misguided.co.uk

Style