Fashion Week

New York Fashion Week Revisited

Last week the city of New York was buzzing with excitement as bloggers, stylists, photographers and celebrities flocked to crowded tents hosting the much anticipated runway shows. IMPACT is back to give you a second round-up of the week’s best looks.

First we have newborn supermodel Gigi Hadid sporting a retro 60’s chick style look as she opened the show for designer Jeremy Scott. We love the huge blonde bouffant style hair/wig mixed with bold Cleopatra eye make-up to accentuate those famous hazel eyes. We also love the stand out coral lips and nails, completing the throwback look. What is very noticeable is the clear attempt to bring back a 60’s style and if this look is anything to go by, it is clear that orange and pink tones have finally overtaken black as the colour to go for, adding a pop-art panache feel to the runways of New York. The bright colours not only stand out on the catwalk, they actually add to the look and accentuate her figure! Jeremy Scott we congratulate you!

gigi

Another trend is very much noticeable in the new generation of supermodels. Kendall Jenner is doing what Kendall does best and that is walking the catwalks being totally fierce. Those eyes are both frightening and mesmerizing as she struts in fur for the Michael Kors Fall collection. The clothes are lovely, mixing textures with thick fur over lace patterns on the legs but the best part is by far the make up. Simple yet elegant. Fierce yet fabulous! She has the eye of the tiger and looks as though she can take down any pap that gets in her way. The look is completed by the soft nude lip, just what we like to see!

kendal

When looking at Karlie Kloss (also walking for Michael Kors) the words “On Fleek” come to mind. As she appeared on the runway, the flash of cameras and the increasing mumbles of the audience altered the atmosphere in the tent. Michael has gone for subtle colours, greys and blues – the complete opposite of Gigi – but it is needless to say that they work just as well. The embellishments of this grey dress especially round the bosom add that much needed sparkle to any jaw-dropping floor length gown. Karlie also proves that ladies, lose the extensions, you are just as fabulous with a bob.

karlie

So those are a few of IMPACT’s best looks. The highly varied fall collections prove that in the fashion world there is no need for compromise.

Joshua Rom

Images: vogue.com, Getty images

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram 

Fashion WeekStyle