University of Nottingham rises up global rankings

The University of Nottingham has placed within the top 2% of global universities, according to the QS World University Rankings 2015.

The University has improved by seven points, rising to joint 70th place in 2015 after coming 77th in 2014. The University also came 14th out of 75 UK universities mentioned in the rankings.

Professor Sir David Greenaway, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Nottingham, said: “The latest QS league table again emphasises the excellent value that this university offers its students as well as the global impact of our world-class researchers and staff.”

“Our significant improvement in a leading and globally recognised ranking reflects the hard work of our talented students, dedication of our excellent staff and our continued investment in people…”

He added: “Our significant improvement in a leading and globally recognised ranking reflects the hard work of our talented students, dedication of our excellent staff and our continued investment in people, infrastructure and innovation to ensure the very best environment in which to study and work.”

Nottingham’s academic reputation and the international diversity of its staff and students have been particularly emphasised in its improved rankings this year.

The University also placed 45th in the world for its reputation amongst graduate employers

The University also placed 45th in the world for its reputation amongst graduate employers, having been consistently named as one of the most targeted institutions by leading graduate employers. In April of this year, the University was named the number one university for job prospects in the UK at the WhatUni Student Choice awards.

The QS University Rankings have been published since 2004, analysing academic reputation, research impact, employer reputation, teaching commitment and international diversity. This year’s rankings assessed over 120,000 survey responses and established a new approach to research impact.

Tamsin Parnell

Image: Matt Buck via Flickr

Follow Impact News on Facebook and Twitter