Easy Peasy Recipes – Cheesy Sweet Potato Frittata

This dish is delicious, very healthy, and suitable for vegetarians, though will still be very appealing to all you carnivores out there.

Serves 2-3

Ingredients

• 1 small sweet potato
  • 150g frozen spinach
  • 1tsp ground nutmeg
  • A pinch of salt and pepper
  • 2tsp olive oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 35g feta cheese
  • 20g cheddar cheese, grated

Tip! We recommend serving this dish alongside a lovely and fresh leafy salad and cherry tomatoes, dressed with balsamic vinegar.

Tip! Make sure the frittata is cooked all the way through before serving – insert a knife into the centre and if it comes out relatively clean then it is ready.

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Roast the sweet potato on a baking tray in the oven for around 40 minutes, or until soft all the way through. Then put aside.
  2. Cook the frozen spinach, ground nutmeg, and salt and pepper in a frying pan with the olive oil until the spinach has thawed and all the water has evaporated, and then remove from the heat.
  3. Crack the eggs into a bowl or jug and whisk with a fork until thoroughly mixed, then crumble in half of the feta cheese and half of the cheddar cheese.
  4. Transfer the spinach into a round casserole dish (or continue to use the frying pan if it is ovenproof!) and pour over the eggs, mixing them together thoroughly. Scoop out the cooked sweet potato flesh from the skin in chunks, and put it on top of the mixture. Crumble the remaining feta cheese and cheddar cheese on top.
  5. Place in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes until cooked through and golden, with the cheese bubbling. Serve whilst still hot and enjoy!

Did you know? Sweet potato offers lots of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and fibre, whilst spinach is a great source of vitamin K and iron. Eggs are also a good way of getting your daily protein.

Ruth Pengelly

Come follow us! Instagram: @impactmagfood, Twitter: @impactfood

FoodRecipes