Trailer Watch – How To Be Single

What do you get if you combine Fifty Shades of Grey and Pitch Perfect? Next year’s chick flick How To Be Single, of course! Starring Dakota Johnson and Rebel Wilson, this looks set to be a hit for all those nursing post-Valentine’s blues, the film following a group of singletons seeking their perfect match in the bright lights of New York city. Or, as IMDb unromantically claims ‘sleeping around in the city that never sleeps was never so much fun’.

Sporting tight leather outfits, and being her usual brazen self, Wilson stars as Robin, an expert singleton teaching Johnson’s Alice exactly how to excel at pulling men – but without making any commitment. A top tips revealed in the first twenty seconds of the trailer is to make boys buy drinks ‘with their sausage wallets’. Classy. Other clichés include unremembered sexual encounters, one night stands with younger men, and flashing cleavage as payment. It also adeptly portrays the dilemma facing every girl when texted by a guy – emoji or no emoji? Celebrating what it means to be single, I predict girls (and guys) everywhere will be flocking to see this film!

Let’s hope Rebel Wilson’s antics are even wackier than in the trailer, when How To Be Single hits cinemas on February 19th 2016.

Amy Wilcockson

Click here for more Trailer Watch

Let us know your thoughts on the latest trailer via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment below.