Trailer Watch – Now You See Me 2

After a brilliant first film, the cast of Now You See Me are back for their second run. The trailer includes lots of special-effects, attempting to top the ‘first act’ in terms of both the magicians’ performance, and the film itself.

As expected, the trailer is full of impossible tricks – from disappearing in a shower of cards to manipulating water, it is clear that just like last time, the Four Horsemen will continue to constantly defy logic and evade their enemies. However, little has been revealed about the plot, except that it will continue themes of high-profile inexplicable magic, ‘Robin Hood’-style tricks, and a show aiming to be bigger and better than the last.

Three of the Four Horsemen (Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, and Dave Franco) are returning for the second film, as are Michael Caine and Mark Ruffalo, previously both central figures. Due to pregnancy, Isla Fisher’s character will be replaced by Lizzy Caplan as the new fourth Horseman.

The trailer is wonderfully narrated by Morgan Freeman, returning as a magician-exposing reporter, presumably still trying to get the better of the main characters. Daniel Radcliffe also appears briefly as new character Walter, who appears in the trailer to be an aspiring illusionist, but is officially described as the “mastermind” behind this next performance. After the open ending of the last film, it was clear that a second was always an option for the Four Horsemen. But whether the next instalment will live up to the first has yet to be seen.

Now You See Me 2 will be released 10th June 2016.

Isobel  Sheene

Click here for more Trailer Watch

Let us know your thoughts on the latest trailer via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment