Trailer Watch – Daredevil Part 2 (Elektra)

Part 2 of the trailer for Daredevil Series 2 is here – with a whole lot more Elektra. Matt Murdock has his red suit back on, and the assassin is along for the ride. When Part 1 of the trailer was released last month, we got our first glimpse of Matt’s ex-girlfriend, and now it’s clear that in this series, she has a starring role, appearing in action alongside Daredevil.

Elektra is here to ask for Matt’s help, and it appears there is an even bigger menace coming to Hell’s Kitchen than last season. Together they are up against a number of new threats; teasers in this clip include the reappearance of Matt’s old mentor Stick, Daredevil fighting hand-to-hand with the Punisher, and a multitude of weapons and explosions. There’s an ominous mention of a ninja order called ‘the Hand’, and an interesting inclusion of the motorbike gang Dogs of Hell, last seen in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

This trailer is similar in tone and tempo to the last, continuing the dark themes of Part 1, however there are some hints towards a few lighter moments alongside the usual moral questioning and murder. Elektra clearly has history with Matt, so it is likely there will be plenty of flirting, and most likely some flashbacks. There will also hopefully be some funny moments interspersed. Foggy is clearly very concerned about his best friend’s safety, but I’m hoping this means we will see more of their friendship in the coming season. I’m also interested to see how Elektra will get along with Karen, Foggy and even Claire, if they meet this series.

Part 1 was The Punisher’s trailer – Part 2 is Elektra’s. She evidently has a major role in the new series, and it will be interesting to see how her relationship with Matt will unfold.

Isobel Sheene

Click here for more Trailer Watch

Images from Daredevil Series 2, Netflix and Marvel Studios. 

Get in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment below