Style

Best Dressed at the MTV Movie Awards

The events that occur at MTV awards ceremonies are usually spoken of years afterwards. Lest we forget the intimate moment shared by Madonna and Britney, or the raunchy moment shared between Eminem and Sacha Baron Cohen when the actor descended on the rap artist dressed as his notorious character – Bruno.

The 2016 MTV Movie Awards was no exception to the rule; the most unforgettable moment of the night had to be Rebel Wilson’s and Adam Devine’s kiss that lead to a re-enactment of Fat Amy’s wardrobe malfunction in ‘Pitch Perfect 2’. As is the case on the stage of the award’s ceremony, the element of surprise is not bypassed on the red carpet. Impact takes a look at the best dressed of the evening.

Kendall Jenner, Cara Delevigne and Gigi Hadid

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]

[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]

[/column]

[/row]

The oldest Jenner sister looked a vision in black when she wore the Kristian Aadnevik dress to introduce Arianna Grande onto the stage. However, it was the thigh-high, wrap-round DSquared2 heels that stole the show.

Cara, the model turned actress exuded strength and power when she strolled down the red carpet in a fitted Balmain two piece; the sheer inserts added a touch of sex appeal without being too revealing. Simple gold Lorraine Schwartz jewelry and Jimmy Choo heels served as perfect accessories for this elegant ensemble.

It seems that the theme of the event was trouser suits; just like her companion, Gigi Hadid avoided the typical gown and opted for a two piece. The outfit was transformed from work wear to evening wear by the addition of the Anine Bing lace bralet, Versace patterned shirt and Tom Ford strapped heels.

Brittany Snow

The actress proved that conspicuity is still a possibility in red when walking down the identically coloured carpet. Sleek hair was a flawless addition to the caped Haney dress, metallic Ethan K clutch and strapped Stuart Weitzman heels.

Emilia Clarke

As a girl who loves patterns, I have to say the MIU MIU dress worn by the actress was my personal favourite of the evening. The pastel clutch bag by the same label and metallic Prada heels were impeccable finishing touches.

Charlie Theron

The actress drew inspiration from her most recent role when she showed up to the awards ceremony in an embellished Alexander McQueen gown. The black clutch, also McQueen, and the strapped Jimmy Choo heels combined with the sheer of the dress – stunning.

Joanna Grimwood

Image Credits: caradelevingne via Instagram, kendalljenner via Instagram, worldmcqueen via Instagram, miumiu via Instagram, brittsnowhuh via Instagram

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Style