Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend first official engagements in Nottingham

Prince Harry and his new fiancée, Meghan Markle, are set to visit Nottingham this Friday for their very first joint official engagement.

Upon announcing Friday’s visit, Kensington Palace tweeted: “Prince Harry is looking forward to introducing Ms Markle to a community that has become very special to him.”

They are set to arrive this Friday morning and are scheduled to attend a civic welcome outside the National Justice Museum.

“Prince Harry is looking forward to introducing Ms Markle to a community that has become very special to him”

The welcome will be promptly followed by a walkabout to the nearby Nottingham Contemporary, giving the public a chance to catch a glimpse of the newly engaged couple.

At Nottingham Contemporary they will attend a Terrence Higgins Trust World Aids Day charity fair.

Afterwards, the visit will proceed to the Ransom Road campus of Nottingham Academy, where the couple will meet staff and young people benefitting from the Full Effect programme, which aims to prevent youth involvement in crime.

“The engagement’s really unexpected news. I’m really happy for them”

Third-year International Media and Communication student, Cecilia, said: “To be honest, I’m filed up with my assignments, but I would love to see [them]. The engagement’s really unexpected news. I’m really happy for them.”

Goda Naujokaitytè

Featured image courtesy of ‘Marco Verch’ via Flickr. License here.
Follow Impact News on Facebook and Twitter for more updates and information on how to get involved.