HSBC gives the University £75 million boost

HSBC has given the University of Nottingham a £75 million boost to help provide ‘world-class’ research and enhance student experience.

The University received a revolving credit facility, i.e., an arrangement that allows it to draw down and repay loans any number of times within the agreed loan limit.

Margaret Monckton, chief financial officer at the University, is delighted that the University is working with HSBC, stating: “This funding will enable us to continue enhancing the student experience specifically through our digital transformation, our research vision and our ongoing estates programme.”

She added: “It also builds on our existing relationship with HSBC and paves the way for a longstanding relationship that will continue to benefit our students.”

“This funding will enable us to continue enhancing the student experience“

HSBC has been supporting the University’s China and Malaysia campuses for several years, and now the two global organisations have also begun working together in the UK.

Jon Bramwell, managing director of large corporates in HSBC’s Midlands and East team, said: “By extending our relationship with the University of Nottingham locally, we are helping it realise its growth plans on a larger scale by putting programmes in place that will continue to attract new students at all three of their campuses.”

”Funding is necessary because the world of research keeps growing.”

An anonymous second-year Biochemistry student was pleased to hear about the investments: “In regard to research, as a bio-chem student, research is our top priority. Funding is necessary because the world of research keeps growing.”

Several Economics and Finance students told Impact that they are excited about potential internship opportunities that this investment and relationship could bring.

Marvel Kalukembi

Featured image courtesy of ‘Open Grid Scheduler‘ via Flickr. License here.

Follow Impact News on Facebook.