Nursing Students Receive a Record-Breaking Number of Nominations

Students and staff from the University of Nottingham have received 13 nominations across 11 award categories in this year’s Student Nursing Times Awards.

“I am immensely proud of our staff and students and their professionalism and commitment that they demonstrate every day and personally delighted that this has been officially recognised by this shortlisting. I wish them the very best of luck for the next round of judging,” noted Professor Joanne Lymn, Head of the University’s School of Heath Sciences.

“I am immensely proud of our staff and students and their professionalism and commitment […]”

Nursing student Gavin Hibberd-Smith has been nominated in three categories this year. “As a healthcare assistant in a medium secure forensic unit and found that I really enjoyed the role. It was a natural progression to return to education to study for a mental health nursing degree – a decision which I have never regretted,” said Gavin.

Gavin balances his student life with the duty of being a father and a supportive husband on a daily basis, and also volunteers with the mental health recovery service ImROC, managing their newsletter and website.

“It is such a privilege to have been recognised as worthy of these awards”

Nominee Jade Mitchelmore was inspired to pursue a career in nursing by nurses who took care of her as a child when she was suffering from a chronic illness.

“It is such a privilege to have been recognised as worthy of these awards. I am grateful to those who have supported me through my degree, including colleagues, family and friends. It has been a challenging yet rewarding few years, and this truly is a highlight of my nursing journey so far. I’m excited to see what the future will bring,” said Jade.

The awards will be announced on Thursday 26 April 2018 at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

Teodor Ispas

Featured image courtesy of ‘Matt Buck’ via Flickr. License here.
Follow Impact News on Facebook.