Fashion

Fashion Icon: Joanna Kuchta

I started following Joanna Kuchta on Twitter when I was in year eleven and I haven’t looked back since. Kuchta quickly became noticed by posting super cute (and sometimes controversial) pictures of her outfits and her previous boyfriend, Joe Fahy, creating an Instagram feed that is to die for. Her secret is simple but effective; good lighting, cute clothes and the perfect colour scheme for her Instagram feed.

Her style started off very simple and white-girl-esque: crop tops and American Apparel tennis skirts, looks that have recently become more preppy, a Clueless feel dominating her Instagram feed. As her style and feed have evolved, so has her popularity; she is a brand ambassador for clothing company Nasty Gal and currently boasts a very impressive 1.1 million followers.

The very best thing about Kuchta is the way most of her outfits consist of high-street pieces and are therefore affordable for us poor students. This means she is the perfect style icon to follow on insta…

omg guys it's london fashion week!

A post shared by Joanna Kuchta (@joannakuchta) on

I copied this skirt almost as soon as I saw it, it being a simple but effective Zara skirt that works well with oversized jumpers in winter and teeny black or white crop tops in summer. The crop top I also copied, finding a white American Apparel version, I found this on Depop – the best style hack of this year.

bye summer i miss u already

This outfit is again super cute in a very simple way. Bandeaus are all the rage and can be found in Missguided, Pretty Little Thing and loads more online clothing stores for less than £10.

lol

This dress speaks for itself.

*wishes it was this hot in london*

This is slightly more expensive but again, simple yet effective.

Also, she has a Youtube filled with vlogs of Fashion weeks and trips to LA, what more can we ask for? So, if you don’t already follow Joanna Kuchta, what are you waiting for?

Charlotte Hegley

If fashion is your thing email us at lifestyle@impactnottingham.com.

To keep up to date follow us on facebook and instagram.

Media courtesy of Joanna Kuchta instagram @joannakuchta. 

FashionLifestyleStyle