Preview – Ivo Graham

The hilarious comedian Ivo Graham is coming to Nottingham 3rd of May (and he's bound to bring tears of joy)

If you’re not already familiar with Ivo Graham, you certainly will be by the end of his set. Self-aware and scarily relatable, he takes his everyday struggles and puts them out in the open so that we can laugh at him and, more importantly, at ourselves. After a year of elusiveness, he is back and ready to share on his tour ‘Educated Guess’.

An Eton and Oxford alumnus, Ivo Graham started stand-up comedy when he was just 18 and less than a year later, was the youngest person to win the So You Think You’re Funny award at the Edinburgh Fringe. Following this, he has been seen on shows such as Mock the Week, Live at the Apollo, Comedy Central At The Comedy Store, As Yet Untitled, Live From the BBC and Fighting Talk. To name just a few. If nothing else, his previous shows have had sell-out runs so clearly he must be doing something right?

“Ivo Graham plays on the mistakes he’s made and the sad truths of his life”

Or something wrong. Ivo Graham plays on the mistakes he’s made and the sad truths of his life in a self-deprecating manner which hits all the right spots. He appeals to all age ranges, with students relating all too readily to the struggles he faced at university and the terrifying prospects of the real world and relationships, and older audience members never quite being able to erase such memories.

“Clever, sharp and linguistically satisfying”

If you want an evening of laughter about the simple, horrific and hilarious moments in life described in a beautifully worded way, this one’s for you. Clever, sharp and linguistically satisfying, Ivo Graham’s tour is one not to miss as we all need to find out what he learnt on his year off.

Ivo Graham is at The Glee Club Nottingham on Thursday 3rd May. Buy your tickets here   

Katie Moncur

Featured image courtesy of YouTube – licence here.