More Reviews

Review: Student Shopping Night

October 2nd was a night not to be missed. 6 pm-10 pm, intu Victoria Centre promised to keep us entertained all night and I am glad to say they fulfilled their part of the promise.

Hold your horses, everyone, Nottingham had one of its biggest student shopping night at intu Victoria Centre. It was a night that we all needed. Everyone not only went back home with the best clothes, makeup and accessories but also had the chance to get the hottest deals on food as well. It was a win-win situation for all.

It was a busy night as was expected, because no one would want to miss out on some nice shopping and good food.

“This was the best chance that they had gotten to revamp their style and wardrobe”

All the clothing stores had major offers on all their best pieces, and so many of them were under £20. You could definitely imagine the shopping spree one would have had. While shopping, I met some freshers and asked them what they thought of the event. They told me that this was the best chance that they had gotten to revamp their style and wardrobe.

“The small games that the centre held really kept the crowd going and energised”

This night was not only filled with shopping deals but also had really exciting games in which prizes could be won. There was a big version of ping pong where two players had to throw balls in baskets to win a voucher for Shakey’s lab, which is totally worth it. Tortilla helped donate to charity with the game, “Spin the wheel.” The small games that the centre held really kept the crowd going and energised. People who did not shop enjoyed their night by playing the games and won a lot of small goodies.

“40% off on all food that made people go crazy”

The restaurants were the classic hits. Long lines could be seen from a distance because the foodies did not want to miss out on the great food of Ed’s diner which had a whopping 40% off on all food that made people go crazy! Let me tell you, that wait was worth the food we got. Coffee lovers had a good time at Costa Coffee enjoying their taste to the price they got. Sweet tooth fanatics got what they wished for from Shakey’s lab and Krispy Kreme. Everyone had a splendid time trying and checking out different foods.

There were also brands that merged together to give the shoppers an even more worthy experience, for example, anyone who bought any product from Skinny Dip would get a free glitter makeover.

“Blurt is an organisation that helps and guides people with depression”

This night was not only fun but insightful and informative as well with the help of the organisation Blurt. Blurt is an organisation that helps and guides people with depression. People had a good chat with them. They helped with advice and tips on how to manage stressful events which were really informative and helpful.

“everyone just had the best time enjoying their shopping and eating while grooving to the beats”

The whole atmosphere and the ambience of the centre were so enjoyable and unforgettable, and with the right music, everyone just had the best time enjoying their shopping and eating while grooving to the beats.

It was also the best back to university/school experience one could get because WHSmith had a 20% off stationery and needless to say some of us freaked out and bought the best planners, pens and books. The perfect place to nerd out on all our secret obsessions with stationary. Shopping for university couldn’t be done better. KRCS also had a pretty good deal on the mac while they also offered free BEATS on a purchase. Talk about the best buy one get free offer to ever exist.

There was also a photobooth organised by Amazon prime where one got to unleash their crazy photo skills with friends, and the people had the time of their lives as well got a good student deal for Amazon Prime. This day couldn’t get more lit.

Out of 10 stars, I would give this eventful night a 9, one score down because everything in life isn’t that perfect buddy.

Though, we all do need more good times like these…

9/10

Roshni Marath Jairaj

Featured image courtesy of intu Victoria Centre Official Facebook Page

More ReviewsReviews
  • Jairaj Marath
    31 October 2018 at 12:34