Beauty

Best Dressed at the 2019 SAG Awards

The stars were out in force at the Screen Actors Guild Awards in LA.

The 2019 Screen Actors Guild Awards was held on Sunday 27th January at the Shrine Auditorium in LA. To mark the 25th Anniversary of the event, the awards saw a star-studded crowd of the year’s best actors walk a silver, instead of red carpet. This year, softer shades were most popular among many gracing the event, whilst those opting for brighter colours often chose to make their look sparkle elegantly with gorgeous details.

Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga, who was nominated for her leading role in ‘A Star is Born,’ glowed in her Dior Haute Couture ivory, V-neck gown, which was fresh-off-the-runway. The fringing, bold red lipstick and thigh-high split kept her look fresh, whilst her Jimmy Choo heels, Tiffany & Co. Blue Book Collection winged earrings and 18-carat yellow gold, platinum and diamond choker, made her look elegant and refined. Long ago are the days when she wore a dress made of meat!

Emily Blunt

Emily Blunt wore a crystal-embroidered Michael Kors dress with sculptural sleeves; her stylist noted that the pale pink colour of the gown was inspired by cherry blossoms. The winner of both the category for best leading female actor, for ‘Mary Poppins Returns,’ and supporting female actor, for ‘A Quiet Place,’ paired her flamboyant-but-gorgeous look with Forevermark jewellery and a silver Jimmy Choo clutch.

Yara Shahidi

Yara Shahidi looked stunning in her blush, sequinned, spandex Fendi Couture catsuit which was overlaid with sheer tulle plisse. The playfulness of her outfit was complimented by her natural afro and nude make-up. The SAG Awards Ambassador’s Cartier jewellery and Louboutin heels completed her look and made her shine on the silver carpet.

Henry Golding

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtTUb6tB5B6/

Henry Golding stood out in a metallic, jacquard, gold jacket. He handsomely wore this paired show-stopper with some elegant black trousers and Tom Ford dress shoes. As if he did not already stand out enough, he also sported a light pink scarf at times to add intrigue to his already flamboyant outfit.

Melissa McCarthy

The ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ actress, Melissa McCarthy, who was nominated for an Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role award, sparkled in a high-shine, metallic silver, V-line gown by Lorane, which fittingly complemented the celebratory carpet for the evening. She added to her shimmering look by wearing Chopard drop earrings and Sam Edelman heels.

Gemma Chan

Gemma Chan looked gorgeous in Oscar de la Renta. Her light-pink, one-shoulder, silk taffeta gown with a tiered, ruffled, high-low skirt was one of the most beautiful dresses at the event. The ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ star completed her look with 29.59-carat, vintage, Harry Winston diamond chandelier earrings, a stylish up-do and subtle make-up.

Margot Robbie

Margot Robbie, who lost out to Emily Blunt in the Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role category for her role in ‘Mary Queen of Scots,’ looked stunning in her white and gold, silk crepe column dress from Chanel’s Paris-New York Metiers d’Art collection. The dress glittered with gold glass beading and metallic thread. Her pearl, yellow sapphire and diamond Chanel Fine Jewellery earrings beautifully finished off her stunning outfit.

Sterling K. Brown

Sterling K Brown, who was nominated for the Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series category, looked particularly dapper in his Ermenegildo Zenga XXX navy and black pattern jacquard tuxedo with Ermenegildo Zenga oxford dress shoes and David Yurman cufflinks. He finished his look with a pair of aviator shades to add some character to his debonair outfit.

Jane Fonda

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtRfzAcHgT8/

Jane Fonda shone as brightly as ever in her bright red, long-sleeve, Valentino gown. The dress was made of hundreds of scale-like pieces, which glittered under the silver carpet lights. The actress, who was nominated for her performance in the comedy series, ‘Grace and Frankie,’ complemented her outfit with a matching red clutch, gold Sarah Flint shoes and Gismondi 1754 jewels.

Laura Harrier

Laura Harrier, a star of the film ‘BlacKkKlansman,’ which was nominated for the Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture category, looked amazing in her custom Loewe, fuchsia-pink, off-the-shoulder gown with poufy sleeves. Her Bulgari jewellery and bold pink lip colour complemented her gown perfectly; another stunning look.

Jenny Katte

Featured Image courtesy of @sagawards on Instagram.

Main article images courtesy of @instylemagzine, @fadrent_com, @_truegentlemanstyle_, @grownishzuca, @dare.magazine, @gemma_chan@bellanaijaweddings@mosquerastylesyou and @lauraharrier on Instagram. 

Follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for more articles and information on how to get involved!

BeautyFashionFashionLifestyleOpinionsStyleStyle News