Fashion

A Few Festive Ways to Decorate Your Uni Room

by Daniel Lerps

As November comes to an end and Christmas approaches, it can be a difficult time at University – what with deadlines approaching and home comforts missing. Fortunately, there are a few ways to spruce things up.

All of these things can prevent you from getting into the festive spirit. So to help get through the last few weeks of term, why don’t you give your room a festive makeover, to allow yourself to have a very merry uni Christmas?

Now while it might be difficult to get a big Christmas tree just like the one your mum puts up at home, that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on getting yourself a tree all together.

“it is also a great way to spend time with your housemates decorating the tree”

There are many small desk trees that you can grab, some of which don’t even require decorations. This also means they are ‘fuss free’ – here’s one available on Amazon, which at £7.50 even works well with your student budget. Nevertheless, if you are in a shared house, maybe you and your housemates might want to spread the costs and get a bigger tree and decorations for the living room.

Not only is this a great way to make your house feel a bit more like Christmas, but it is also a great way to spend time with your housemates decorating the tree and dancing to some cheesy Christmas music at the same time. After all, isn’t Christmas about spending time with friends and family? If you wanted to go even further you could put a few presents under the tree (empty cereal boxes of course, to save the pennies).

you can pick some tinsel up for a couple of pounds, yet it can have a pretty transformative effect”

If a Christmas tree isn’t for you, or maybe you just haven’t got the space for one in your room but still want to get some festive feeling in there, a simple change of bedding may be just what you are after.

Places such as Dunelm having a wide variety of duvet covers, ranging from £10-£15 – you won’t know whether to pick gingerbread men, or a classic red and white Christmas print to adorn your bed this festive period and get you into the Christmas spirit.

“being at University is no excuse to not get into the Christmas spirit – it doesn’t have to cost a lot and can also be some fun”

Another way to add some Christmas charm into your room this year is by adding tinsel to your shelves and around mirrors – any available surface you can find. This is a really simple way to create an instantly more festive atmosphere without breaking the budget- you can pick some tinsel up for a couple of pounds, yet it can have a pretty transformative effect.

So, while it might not quite be the same as Christmas at home, being at University is no excuse to not get into the Christmas spirit – it doesn’t have to cost a lot, and can also be some fun if done with housemates and friends.

Kayleigh Moore

Featured image courtesy of Daniel Lerps via Flickr. Image License.

Main images courtesy of theunibox dunelmuk via Instagram

For more content including uni news, reviews, entertainment, lifestyle, features and so much more,  follow us on Twitter and Instagram or like our Facebook page for more articles and information on how to get involved! 

FashionFashionLifestyleStyle