Olivia Rodrigo Has Given Paramore Writing Credits On ‘good 4 u’

Gemma Cockrell

Pop sensation Olivia Rodrigo has added members of pop-rock band Paramore to the writing credits of her viral song good 4 u.

The band’s vocalist Hayley Williams and former guitarist Josh Farro are now credited as co-writers of the song, which is taken from Rodrigo’s debut album ‘SOUR’.

This wasn’t the first time that similarity between good 4 u and Paramore’s 2007 hit Misery Business had been mentioned, with some fans even making mash-ups of the two songs and sharing them on platforms like YouTube and TikTok.

The production credits of good 4 u have recently been updated to include Hayley Williams and Josh Farro as co-writers, since the track is an interpolation of Misery Business

The production credits of good 4 u have recently been updated to include Hayley Williams and Josh Farro as co-writers, since the track is an interpolation of Misery Business. This was first revealed by Paramore’s Music Publishing Company Warner Chappell Music, who posted on Instagram celebrating good 4 u reaching Number 1 in the US charts with the caption “Huge shoutout to our writers Hayley Williams and Joshua Farro”.

Rodrigo also credited Taylor Swift on fellow ‘SOUR’ track 1 step forward, 3 steps back, due to an interpolation of the melody of Swift’s 2017 track New Year’s Day, which appeared on her album ‘reputation’.

‘SOUR’ is one of the biggest-selling albums of 2021 so far, with good 4 u being crowned the longest-reigning rock-influenced Number 1 single in the UK for 18 years.

Gemma Cockrell

Featured image courtesy of brett jordan via Flickr. Image license found here. No changes made to this image.

In-article videos courtesy of Olivia Rodrigo and Paramore via youtube.com. No changes made to these videos.

If you can’t get enough of Impact Music, follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for updates on our latest articles, and follow our Spotify to find playlists made by our very own writers.

EntertainmentMusicMusic News