Oh Wonder, alt-pop duo, will tour next year in celebration of their upcoming album, ’22 Break’. The album is set to be released on 8th October 2021. Victoria Mileson tells us more.
Band members and husband-and-wife, Josephine Vander Gucht and Anthony West, announced their surprise album earlier this month; then announcing their world tour on 2nd October. This will be their fifth studio album and one they have described as “maybe the first break-up album in history written and recorded with the person you’re breaking up with.” What’s stranger is that the album turned out to save their relationship. As Josephine discusses creating the album: “We were just writing songs. We had no idea we were writing a break-up album.”
After the pandemic, Oh Wonder channelled their thoughts into the album, creating a cathartic masterpiece that fans are excited to hear in full later this week. Oh Wonder fans include Billie Eilish, who covered All We Do in her Apple Documentary. Oh Wonder have also created a film to accompany the album which will be made public on the 14th October. Beginning in Russia and culminating in shows in the USA, the 52-date tour will take place in Spring 2022. Oh Wonder will perform at Nottingham’s Rock City on 11th April and at many other venues across the UK throughout April.
The UK dates include:
- 7th April 2022 // O2 Guildhall, Southampton
- 8th April 2022 // The Great Hall, Cardiff
- 9th April 2022 // O2 Academy, Liverpool
- 11th April 2022 // Rock City, Nottingham
- 12th April 2022 // SWG3 Galvanisers, Glasgow
- 14th April 2022 // Olympia Theatre, Dublin
- 15th April 2022 // O2 Academy, Leeds
- 17th April 2022 // Newcastle University, Newcastle
- 20th April 2022 // O2 Institute, Birmingham
- 20th April 2022 // O2 Ritz, Manchester
- 21st April 2022 // O2 Academy Brixton, London
- 22nd April 2022 // UAE, Norwich
Tickets are on sale now.
In-article images courtesy of @ohwondermusic via instagram.com. No changes made to these images.
For more content including news, reviews, entertainment, lifestyle, features, sport and so much more, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like our Facebook page for more articles and information on how to get involved.