Style

Style News 6 – 13/12/2014

This week in Style… 

Julia Roberts for Givenchy

stylenews3

Following a row of inspirational women including artist Marina Abramovic, musician Erykah Badu, and the French actress Isabelle Huppert, it is now Julia Robert’s time to shine for Givenchy’s Spring ’15 campaign. The actress is famously reclusive which makes this appointment all the more exciting. No one seemed more surprised than Ricardo Tisci, Givenchy’s creative director, that she agreed to be the face of Spring ’15. He describes her as “A powerful woman, with sex appeal but at the same time with masculinity” and told style.com that she embodies everything he wanted to say with his collection. We couldn’t have thought of a better casting.

Kering is reshuffling

stylenews2

Gucci is yet another brand to join the merry-go-round of designers with both its CEO Patrizio di Marco, and its Creative Director, Frida Giannini, leaving the company in the first two months of 2015. Di Marco will be replaced by Bottega Veneta’s Marco Bizzarri, – as both brands are part of the Kering group it will stay in the family. It has been rumoured that  the change is largely due to declining sales in China as the consumer market there moves ahead more rapidly than Gucci cand catch up with and Kering is hoping to induce some of the freshness Bizzarri brought to Bottega Veneta into Gucci.

THAT new denim ad

stylnews4

It does not come as a surprise that the latest controversial campaign is given to us by no other than Alexander Wang, the designer who has had his name all over media with his hotly anticipated HM collection earlier this autumn. His newest denim collection campaign, featuring a oiled up Anna Ewers, a lot of skin and a strategically placed hand, now includes a video. Using sex to sell denim is not a new move – just remember Kate Moss for Calvin Klein or Nadja Auermann and a topless Claudia Schiffer for Versace. Despite all the debate Alexander Wang has caused – and let’s be honest that was probably his agenda –  the collection, available since the 8th, is a hit.

Free the Nipple hits the cinemas

stylenews5

Free the Nipple, the movie about the movement, hits the big screen this Friday. It follows a group of female activists who are fighting for gender equality using the nipple as  symbol for women empowerment. #freethenipple has been all over social media in the last year with stars like Miley Cyrus (who else?), Liv Taylor, Lena Dunham, Cara Delevingne and Dree Hemingway all getting behind the cause. A lot of the scenes you will see in the movie had to be shot in one take as being topless as a woman in America is essentially still illegal. For Lina Esco, cowriter and director, the movie and movement is as much about gender equality as it is about censorship and barriers for creativity. So show your support, watch the movie and maybe even #freethenipple.

SUPERMODEL DUO

stylenews1

Somehow Burberry models are not just always beautiful but they also charming and charismatic. With the last super duo: Cara Delevingne and Kate Moss – the fashion house proved that sometimes mixing old with new is the formula for success and they have made sure not to stop there. No other but Naomi Campbell and Jourdon Dunn are wearing the famous trench coats this time round. The collection – all in pastels and candy colours – looks fabulous and so does the supermodel duo. It is Jourdan’s fourth time modelling for Burberry and Naomi’s second.

Raphaela Maria

Images: Style.com, Kering.com, Fashion.telegraph.com, Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

StyleStyle News