Style

The Best and The Worst: Celebrity Style 23 – 30/11/2014

Impact Style takes a look at the best and worst celebrity fashion had to offer this week.

This Week’s Best Dressed Celebrity: Lucy Hale 

- Lucy Hale

Wearing a Vera Wang LBD, the Pretty Little Liars star is a showstopper at the American Music Awards in all black everything. The subtle baroque-style print on the dress makes it red carpet ready, whilst the black peep toes keep the look laidback and classic yet iconic, reminiscent of Chanel’s early days. Her flawless makeup (wine coloured lips included) gives this look some serious style points, whilst her ombré hair colour takes it to a whole new level. Simple yet oh so stylish.

Emily Blunt

- Emily

Emily Blunt stepped out at the Late Show with David Letterman in New York City and wowed us all with this perfect outfit. The pristine tailoring and minimalist colours go hand in hand whilst the David Coma dress is elegant and chic. Paired with a Tory Burch coat, Emily rounds of the ensemble perfectly, creating an iconic black and white look: completely faultless.

Juilanne Hough

- Julianne

Showing of her amazing, toned legs, Julianne Hough worked this Dsquared2 bronze dress at Fox’s Cause For Paws: An All-Star Dog Spectacular in California. The embellished neckline gives the dress just the right amount of glamour, whilst the black heels balance it out perfectly. Her tousled locks give her whole look an effortless, ‘I woke up like this’ typical Cali vibe, and we’re definitely wishing that we could wake up like this.

Kristen Cavallari

- Kristin Cavallari

Cavallari’s laidback Californian style is one to be admired. She never fails to impress in her chic ensembles, and this is no exception. The black and white striped maxi is a gamble, but she pairs it perfectly with a black, understated Céline bag and black boots. The simple colour palette is perfect for a Californian winter, whilst her oversized sunnies, minimal jewellery and blonde tresses give this simple outfit just the right amount of L.A. elegance it needs to make it a stylish success.

Fergie

- Fergie - Best

Fergie’s outfit at the American Music Awards was glamourous, chic and everything in between. Her black Halston Heritage gown and gold belt is a classic and timeless outfit that was perfect for the red carpet. The side slit in the dress gave the look a sexy, sultry vibe, but just the right amount. Paired with black heels with gold buckles, the limelight was on the amazing dress all night. Her long, laid back locks suggests that her Black Eyed Peas tomboy days are behind her.

The Week’s Worst Dressed Celebrity: Rita Ora 

- Rita Ora

Looking more like a walking charity shop than a chic songstress, Ora fails to impress at the Rocking for Eyeko launch in London. Leaving little to the imagination in the boob department, the dogdy denim and thigh-high boots are a match made in hell, whilst the over-accessorising just adds to the fire. Normally known for her glamorous blonde locks and red lips, it appears that Rita had a moment of fashion madness when putting together this ensemble.

Katy Perry

- Katy Perry

Known for her adventurous yet usually on point outfits, this starlet’s Jamie Lee ensemble at the ARIA Awards in Sydney leaves much to be desired. The mesh skirt and the messy patterns aren’t doing anything for Katy, whilst the headband is more fortune teller than world famous singer. The only part of her outfit worth noting is her Christian Louboutin heels, but even they’re overshadowed by the bad outfit choice. We all know she can do much better than this.

Kate Hudson

- Kate Hudson

Kate is looking a little like a walking bed sheet here at the Love In for Kids Charity event in Beverly Hills. The floor length Zaid Affas white gown lacks shape and doesn’t fit the actress well. Her sparkling clutch is the saving grace of this outfit, but the whole thing is too futuristic. Get rid of the high neck and give it a waist and it’s good to go, but this drape like gown just doesn’t improve Kate’s style credentials in the slightest.

Christina Hendricks 

- Christina

Everything is wrong with this outfit! Where to begin? The bow is on this navy Paule Ka gown is far too big – it looks like there’s a windmill stuck to Christina’s chest. It overshadows everything else and for all the wrong reasons. The blue sparkly clutch and the black and gold pointed shoes just do not fit together well. Christina’s attempt at red carpet perfection has sadly failed, and would have been better suited to a birthday party than the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Awards in New York City.

Alexa Chung 

- alexa

Normally a style guru, Chung surprisingly disappointed at the Eyeko launch in London. This navy strapless dress is clearly too big for her – it hangs from her silhouette like your first secondary school uniform that your mum hoped would fit you for the entire 7 years. The black tights were unnecessary and again allude to school days, whilst the pointed heels also appear to be a size too big. This is the perfect example of why a woman should know what suits her body. Yes, women should feel comfortable in anything, but making sure you know what size fits you best to prevent a fashion disaster à la Chung!

Verity Bradley 

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Images: Joe Scarnici, Getty, Nancy Rivera, Splash News Online, David Livingston, MXRF, Star Max, GC Images, Jeff Kravitz, Filmmagic, AKM-GSI, Brandon Voight, Jason Merritt, Toth, Ric Hannah hard Young, Startraksphoto

Style