This hearty Mexican dish is sure to spice out that winter cold. Split the cost of ingredients and share with friends OR refrigerate or freeze so that you can enjoy it again and again.
For the pork stuffing
- 1kg pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Meat stock
- 250ml tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon dried chilli flakes
- 8 tortillas
For the topping
- Soured cream
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Brush the pork with oil, sprinkle with salt and roast for 1 1/2 hours
- In the meantime, to make the sauce, pour the stock into a saucepan, add the orange rind and chilli flakes, and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Once the pork is crisp and golden, tear into shreds, disposing of anyfat. Add to the sauce, and cook over a low heat.
- Put the tortillas in the microwave, or the oven until heated through.
- Chuck the pork stuffing in the centre of the tortillas, lather with soured cream, avocado and chilli flakes and enjoy!
Image Credits: Watari Goro and Mike via Flickr