Trailer Watch – Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation

Tom Cruise returns for a fifth outing as IMF super spy Ethan Hunt in Mission: Impossible  Rogue Nation.

As first trailers go, this one is pretty excellent. Broken down into almost three miniature trailers each of around a minute in length, the first introduces a new member of the team Rebecca Ferguson (who looks wonderfully lethal). It also sets up the main plot of the movie: the ‘good spy’ IMF vs the ‘bad spy’ Syndicate.

The second part of the trailer is a beautifully accompanied action montage, merging Fugees’ “Ready or Not” with Lalo Schifrin’s iconic Mission: Impossible theme, all to the backdrop of exciting action set-pieces.

Then comes the grand finale. Clearly not wanting to be outdone by the last Mission: Impossible, where Cruise hanged from the tallest building in the world, this time Cruise clasps the side of a cargo plane as it takes off. He reportedly had to do this eight times just to get the right shot, which will surely have a huge pay-off when the film hits cinemas around the world.

Check out Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation from July 31st this summer.

Glenn Tanner

Click here for more Trailer Watch

Get in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment down below.

Writer and Editor for the Film & TV section of Impact, Bharat is a keen previewer, reviewer and sometimes just viewer, of all things cinematic and televisual, with a particular passion for biographical pictures, adaptations and sitcoms.
  • philip cook