2016: Hot Or Not – Zoolander 2

Let’s wave goodbye to 2015! Good times, bad times we’ve had them all – but you know what they say, as one door closes, another one opens. Over the coming month we’ll be bringing you a snapshot of everything 2016 has to offer – the good, the bad and the ugly. Hold on to your hats folks, it’s going to be a bumpy ride!

Despite all the hit films set to come out this year, top of my watch list and the film of the year for me, is undoubtedly going to be Ben Stiller’s Zoolander 2. It’s been a long time coming, and boy does this film look worth the wait. We all know how quickly fashion changes, and no one knows this more than former top modelling duo Derek Zoolander (the Stillermeister himself) and Hansel McDonald (Owen Wilson). After becoming old and lame, the pals need to infiltrate the world of high fashion to stop the world’s most beautiful people being killed. How hard can it be?

With his main weapons of looks, erratic driving, mad knife throwing skills (or lack of) and sidekick, Hansel helping him through, not to mention the return of the wonderful dancing seen in the first film, this film is one for fans old and new. A cameo from the newly super popular Justin Bieber (who woefully is murdered by the fashion police) is only going to make this film even more of a hit. So put on your Prada and crack out the Chanel, this is fashion as you’ve never seen it before!

With the return of Will Ferrell as fashion mogul Mugatu, Penelope Cruz as eye candy Interpol agent Melanie Valentina, and Kristen Wiig as the crazily dressed and heavily botoxed Alexanya Atoz, Zoolander 2 is out NEXT MONTH and looks set to be one of, if not the hottest film of the year. And after waiting fifteen years for this, it’d better be. A side note here – scarily since the first film the principal cast members seem to have not changed in their looks at all and their Blue Steel is as perfect as it ever was – maybe it is all that botox?

Amy Wilcockson

Click here for more Features and News

For more articles from Film & TV, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.