Style

Game-changing Graduation Outfits

So you’ve finally reached the end of your degree, and even though you’re looking forward to celebrating with friends and family, you’ve still got nothing to wear for the ‘big G’. Don’t panic! Just keep calm and read on for tips on how to nail last-minute graduation style.

Tall Girls

As a 6 foot girl, I totally understand the skirt length struggle (yes, our skirts aren’t short- it’s just that our legs are long!) This pencil dress is pretty and practical; the hemline’s low enough to be formal, and the pastel tone means it won’t clash with your gown’s ribbon. It’s now on sale for just £39, so snap it up while you can! If you’re a tall girl who likes to accentuate her height, pair it with these metallic pointed courts from ASOS. The flower trim is a match made in heaven for the dress, plus they’re mid height so they’ll be easy on the eye and feet!

For tall girls after something a little more classic, try this check print dress from Long Tall Sally. The fit and flare cut makes it easy to wear, plus you can never go wrong with monochrome, especially for just £15! Accessorise with a bow belt and some matching low-heeled shoes for a simple, but stylish look.

Curvy Girls

For all you curvy girls out there, this airy chiffon blouse might be for you. The loose, wrap style is super flattering, and it even comes with a touch of metallic detailing that would look great with some simple gold jewellery. Get it for just £20! Formal doesn’t have to mean boring, so don’t feel like you have to stick to monochrome. Add a pop of colour to your outfit with this Ponte pencil skirt, and wear the blouse tucked in for an ultra-sophisticated look, or out for effortless elegance. Step up for your big moment in style with these caged heels from ASOS. At just £12.50, they’re far too good to miss!

Want something a little more understated? Try this gorgeous asymmetric dress from Mango’s Violeta range. Its light fabric will keep you cool under your black graduation gown, plus wearing white means you’ll have endless options when it comes to accessorising. With a plain white dress which is going to be hidden for most of the day, now is the time to let your shoes do all the talking. Add a touch of summer to your outfit with these sunny yellow sandals from Faith, complete with an ankle strap and block heel to slim your legs and support your feet.

Petite Girls

For petite girls, you’ll often have the opposite problem to your tall sisters. Knee length on you is more like shin length, and midi dresses swamp you in maxi style. This navy shift dress is tailored to your proportions, and features an intricate lace overlay, for that 2-in-1 effect. Just slip on these Perspex panel nude heels for longer-looking legs, and voila – petite vogue juste pour vous!

If you’re more of a ‘cute ‘n comfy’ kind of petite girl, this floral print dress is the perfect way to make a style statement. The skater style is oh-so-pretty, and there’s no need to worry about the length as it’s been lovingly made by ASOS just for you! For perfectly-matched footwear, try these adorable caged floral pumps. The embellished low heel means they look great from all angles, plus you won’t struggle with walking across the stage. They’re currently £31.50 on sale, so make sure you’re quick!

“Dresses Ain’t My Thing” Girls

If you’re not really into showing off your legs in dresses and skirts but you don’t want to throw on a pair of trousers and a blouse, a jumpsuit is the thing for you. This one from Warehouse features flowing sleeves and a relaxed fit for a smart casual look. Grab it on sale for just £30. Add these red ghillie sandals and a skinny belt from this Mango twin-pack, and you’ve got yourself an instant style win.

For something a little more feminine, give this Warehouse pleated top jumpsuit a go. It’s complete with pockets, so there’s no need to carry a fiddly clutch, and the high-waisted style will suit all body types. Complete the androgynous vibe with a pair of nude patent loafers from Carvela- currently down from £79 to £19.

Blessing-Zoe Zoe-Shamah

Photo credits School of English and Drama, QUML via Flickr

Follow @ImpactStyle on Twitter or like the Impact Style Facebook page for more updates on Impact Style

Style
  • Lexie Star
    18 July 2016 at 16:15