Varsity 2017 Fixtures Released

Fixtures for the eagerly anticipated Varsity 2017 series between the University of Nottingham (UoN) and local rivals Nottingham Trent University (NTU) have now been announced, and with UoN bidding to bring home a sixth consecutive Varsity trophy, this promises to be another fiercely fought tournament.

Unlike in the previous series, Varsity 2017 will take place over two weeks either side of the University Easter break. The first round of fixtures will be contested between the 25th and the 30th March and the second set between the 7th and 14th of May.

Dates to remember!

The Varsity Series begins on Saturday 25th March, before the Volleyball and Futsal on the 26th and 27th. On the 28th, the Women’s and Men’s Lacrosse teams will face off, before the first Super Wednesday on 29th March.

The most famous Varsity event to keep an eye out for is the Ice Hockey at the Motorpoint Arena, which this year takes place on the 30th March, the last matchup of the week before the Easter Holiday.Ice hockey image

Once again this season we will have two ‘Super Wednesdays’, the first at UoN before Easter (29th March) and the second away at Trent on the 10th May.

The majority of clashes, however, are scheduled for after the holiday. Both the netball and water polo fixtures will get Varsity back underway once again on Sunday 7th May, before Basketball on the 9th and Trent’s ‘Super Wednesday on the 10th.

Also after Easter is the Football on the 11th May, which is always a feisty encounter not to be missed. Likewise, the same can be said for the American Football (13th May).

Screenshot 2017-02-09 21.41.03

With the prospect of all these exciting fixtures and more, be sure to stay tuned to Impact Sport on social media and get your tickets quickly when they’re released on the 14th of February!

Freddie Stuart

Images courtesy of Daniel Norman and Twitter

Video courtesy of http://www.nottsvarsity.co.uk/

Tweet with the hashtag #UoNVarsity and follow live updates on @ImpactSport

SportVarsityVarsity