Happening on Campus

New £30m building opens on Jubilee Campus

After a year-long construction, the University’s new Advanced Manufacturing Building on Jubilee Campus has been completed.

Pioneering research using 3D printing and robotics that is expected to shape the future of UK’s manufacturing sector will be carried out in the new £30 million building on Derby Road.

The 97,000 sq. ft building is located next to Lenton Lodge and provides a new southern entrance to Jubilee Campus. It will enable UoN to expand its Faculty of Engineering, and will serve as a harbour for several world-leading research groups working with some of the most advanced manufacturing technologies such as automation and precision manufacturing.

“It certainly shows that UoN has the strong ambition to achieve academic success and the great care for students has been well-received by us”

“This pioneering project delivers a fantastic addition to the university’s portfolio of unique and ground-breaking buildings and it further enhances the continued growth of our Jubilee Campus,” said Chris Jagger, Chief Estates and Facilities officer at the University.

According to Scott Knowles, Chief Executive of East Midlands Chamber, the student population of Nottingham is worth over £60m to the city’s economy per year. The new Advanced Manufacturing Building will allow the University to further reinforce the region’s strength by contributing to the global market.

“This pioneering project delivers a fantastic addition to the university’s portfolio […]”

Students on Jubilee Campus are looking forward to doing their research in the “stylish and meaningful” new building. “It certainly shows that UoN has the strong ambition to achieve academic success and the great care for students has been well-received by us,” noted a student.

Junzhi Yan

Featured image courtesy of ‘Matt Buck’ via Flickr. License here.

Follow Impact News on Facebook.

Happening on CampusNews