Ideal TV Shows for a Procrastination Binge-Watch

Sophie talks ideal box-sets for your procrastinating pleasure...

So, exam season is upon us. Your days are filled with coffee, cramming and crises (whether in Rock City or otherwise). You spend hours on end trying to bag yourself a table in Hallward. Your eyes hurt from staring at words on your laptop screen for too long. Sometimes you just want a good old binge-watch on Netflix or Amazon Prime to distract yourself from the impending doom of deadlines. Well, look no further – I’ve got you covered with the best binge-worthy bunch of TV shows there is.

1. The Inbetweeners

Get ready to relive the catastrophes of Will, Simon, Jay and Neil, since the whole box set is available at your fingertips for free on All 4. Exam season is the perfect time to relate to Will’s caffeine-infused stress as you read your essay for the 1000th time and wonder ‘is this a word?’.

The short episodes are ideal for a quick break or totally indulge in watching it all at once if you need a bit of comic relief. Also, it’s the 10-year anniversary of the show, so what better time to have a laugh at the not-so-awesome foursome?

2. F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

It was quite possibly one of the best days of my life when they put all ten blissful seasons of this classic US sitcom on Netflix. Take a visit back to Central Perk with everyone’s favourite on-screen friendship group.

If, like me, you’re a bit of a F.R.I.E.N.D.S. fanatic, you can spend your time very productively by not only watching the show, but also learning Monica and Ross’ infamous ‘routine’ with a friend. I’m sure it will impress everyone on your next drunken night out once exam hell is over.

3. How To Get Away With Murder

If you like your crime dramas then this is the pick for you. Packed with suspense, utterly addictive, and full of twists and turns, How To Get Away With Murder follows the story of defence attorney Annalise Keating and her troubled group of law students as they become involved in a very messy murder case. With time shifts back and forward as the case continues, the show always keeps you guessing and wanting more. Thank me later.

4. Jane The Virgin

Aspiring writer Jane has it all figured out with long-term boyfriend Michael until she is accidentally artificially inseminated. As inconvenient as this turn of events may be (to put it lightly), she learns a lot about herself and those around her as she gets used to the idea of motherhood. Funny, upbeat and very entertaining, I would highly recommend giving this one a go for an easy-going watch.

5. The End of the F***king World

I binge-watched this in a couple of days with my housemate over January exam period and we both loved it. Long story short, self-confessed teenage psychopath James meets new-girl Alyssa and they embark upon a road-trip that quickly descends into chaos. Quirky, dysfunctional and oddly likeable, the two characters become an unlikely pairing. It might seem like persevering with revision is the end of the f***king world for you at the moment, but trust me, these guys have it pretty bad.

With so many tempting television treats out there, it’s had to concentrate for more than ten minutes at a time. Take your earphones with you to the library and treat yourself to a quick break to watch an episode… or ten… It’s your call…

Sophie Hunt

Featured image courtesy of Bwark Productions via IMDb.

Image use license here.