Beauty

Best Dressed at the 2019 Grammy Awards

Bethany takes us through her five favourite looks from the night.

Hold onto your hats (literally if you are JLo – what WAS she thinking) for my round up of the best dressed at this year’s Grammys.

Firstly, let us pause to shed a tear for TSwift who has mysteriously fallen of the face of the musical planet, and to congratulate the fabulous Cardi B for making history as the first woman to win the best rap album (but definitely not the best dressed – trust me it was like a mixture of a lamp shade and Moulin Rouge). Anyhow I digress… onto the dresses!

1. Dua Lipa

YES YES YES. Everything about this strapless Versace gown is beyond impeccable. The train combined with the cut accentuated her gorgeous curves. It just worked, simple yet elegant with a dash of ‘extra’. Hands down the classiest look of the Grammys.

2. Lady Gaga

Silver seems to be the theme of the night and Gaga looked glorious in this custom Celine gown. Walking away with three Grammys, Gaga also walked away with sartorial success in this classic gown. A far cry from the meat dress, vegans can rest easy and celebrate this fashion victory.

3. Miley Cyrus

Let it be known that I am NOT a Miley Cyrus fan. I mean, I am more of a The Last Song kinda gal than the Robin Thicke, marijuana-induced, meltdown Miley. However even I cannot deny this was a great look. It is androgynous but feminine—the suit is by Mugler and I am certainly a fan. (It should be noted that it is no Cara Delevingne at the Royal Wedding.)

4. Alicia Keys

Alicia never fails to disappoint. The definition of natural beauty, Keys stunned in this Armani Prive dress; a trusty combo of deep red and a low cut—who could ask for more? And that skin… if we looked that good without makeup MAC would be out of business.

5. Tori Kelly

Tori is your typical girl-next-door and this look completes my round up of the best dressed! I love everything about this. It is both demure and sexy—you can never go wrong with a LBD. This dress with its elegant slit and decorative bow reminds me of Angelina Jolie in Mr & Mrs Smith. It sunned and scored in the style stakes.

So that completes my top five looks of the night. As ever, the Grammys produced a plethora of style statements—these were my greatest hits but be sure to check out the misses. They are, well, not to be missed.

Bethany Goodman

Featured Image courtesy of @mtaagency on Instagram.

Main Images courtesy of @mtv, @gagadaily, @muglerofficial, @aliciakeys, and @torikelly on Instagram.

Follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for more articles and information on how to get involved!

BeautyFashionFashionLifestyleOpinionsStyle