Beauty

Style Icon: Lydia Rose aka fashioninflux

Lydia Rose, or fashioninflux as she is known on Instagram, is a UK-based fashion blogger with a following of 2.7 million people. Lydia shares photos and videos on her social media platforms, providing outfit inspiration and ideas on how to style certain pieces of clothing and accessories.

Some of her videos receive over 4.5 million views and her pictures reach hundreds of thousands of likes, often going viral and being reshared onto other outfit inspiration pages. Lydia’s Instagram content is consistently satisfying; her pictures and videos are taken with a simplistic white background, which foregrounds her beautifully created outfits. Lydia also runs a blog and a YouTube channel, where she talks all things fashion, lifestyle, beauty and interior design.

Lydia is frequently recognised for her ability to transform a whole outfit with a staple item or the addition of accessories. For example, much of her Instagram sees her working with lacy crops and bodysuits and how to style them. Often, she will dress them down with jeans or joggers to provide the perfect balance between cute and casual. The brands of Lydia’s outfits are always tagged in the picture and she is extremely responsive in her comments section, making it easy for her followers to access the items she styles so well. Many of her mesh pieces are sourced from eBay, which allows her followers a cheaper alternative to buying from mainstream online and high street shops. Lydia also emphasises the power of accessories such as belts, adding them to a large quantity of her outfits to display how they can completely transform the look and flatter each individual body.

In terms of the variety of content Lydia posts, it seems that she possesses a never-ending list of unique ideas. A quick glance at her Instagram shows that she creates outfits that include lingerie, loungewear, occasion wear and seasonal wear. Lydia also puts together date night outfits that will help you to feel comfortable and confident, as well as day to night outfits that are transformed simply with a change of shoes. Lydia also places emphasis on the practicality of her outfits, reinforcing that you do not have to sacrifice fashion in the colder months, which can be seen in her videos titled ‘Layering Outfit Ideas’. Lydia also demonstrates tips and tricks on how to tie or tuck tops to transform the fit and look of particular jumpers and blouses.

“Lydia also places emphasis on the practicality of her outfits.”

Another valuable aspect of Lydia’s Instagram are her videos that provide ideas on different ways to style a staple piece of clothing. For instance, she has done this for both basic items such as denim jackets, mom jeans, black skinny jeans, sweaters, black bodysuits and white tees as well as statement pieces like over-the-knee boots, camel coats, teddy jackets and jumper dresses. Furthermore, Lydia recently collaborated with Boohoo and came out with her own collection, enabling her ever-growing audience the chance to replicate her outfits through a reputable and affordable clothing company.

Sian Baldwin

Featured image and main images courtesy of slgckgc on Flickr. Image License.

Follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for more articles and information on how to get involved.

BeautyFashionFashionLifestyleStyleStyle Profiles