Freshers

Society Spotlight: NUDance

NUDance is the home of dance at Nottingham university! 

We offer a number of different classes throughout the week including styles such as ballet, tap, commercial, contemporary, street and break dancing taught by our incredibly talented professional teachers! During freshers week all our classes will be £1 so it’s the perfect opportunity to come down and get involved. Whether you have danced all your life or have never given it a go we have classes suitable for all, with a variety of difficulty levels and styles. Membership is 10 pounds for the year and gives you all classes for only 3 pounds! You are always welcome to come and attend classes even if you can’t come every week. 

There are opportunities throughout the year to get involved with our performance squad who have previously performed at balls, flashmobs and of course our annual show. Our show ‘POWER’ last year was a massive success and that was all thanks to our fabulous dancers and their amazing talent. This year it was held at a new location for most of us and we had such a great response to it!

We also have 7 different teams which compete at a number of competitions during the year with incredibly high success. Last year we came back with a total of 14 trophies and awards for best choreography, costume, and team spirit! You can have a sneak peek at last years competition pieces on our YouTube channel (search NUDance University of Nottingham Dance Society). This is a great chance to enrich your university experience and offers an opportunity to take your dancing to new levels! 

Socials are an important part of our year and we love to have fun together both on and off the dance floor. We have a pizza social in freshers week to come and get to know committee and buy membership, as well as our freshers social at Pryzm! We have a range of events with something for everyone, whether you like a good boogie on a night out or prefer a chilled evening at the theatre. The beauty of our society is that the shared passion of dance amongst our members unites students of all backgrounds, ethnicities and genders; we are constantly looking to expand our ever-growing family! We are very excited to meet our new members and would love to see as many faces as possible at our try it week classes!

Emelia Cole

Follow NUDance on Facebook to find out more!

Featured image courtesy of Ramesh Lalwani via Flickr. No changes have been made to this image. Image use license here.

For more Freshers content, as well as uni news, reviews, entertainment articles, lifestyle, features and so much more, follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for more articles and information on how to get involved! 

FreshersSociety Spotlight