Fashion

Top 10 Most Iconic Celebrity Halloween Outfits

Photo of a black cat dressed up as a bat
Alyana Beg

Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative with costumes. While us normal people may resort to a cheap and simple cat, Playboy bunny or devil, celebrities have the money and resources to go all out. Whether it’s dressing as other celebrities or elevating a basic idea, there have been some truly iconic costumes over the years. Alyana Beg breaks down her ten favourite celebrity Halloween outfits.

Hailey Bieber (2021)

In 2021, Hailey Bieber paid homage to Britney Spears by recreating not just one, but four different iconic Britney looks. Bieber styled looks from three music videos. There was the school-girl outfit from Baby One More Time, the red latex bodysuit from Oops!…I Did It Again, and the underwear over the jeans look from I’m A Slave 4 U. Finally, she sported a cute lingerie and pyjamas set while holding corded landline – a recreation of the Rolling Stones cover.

Harry Styles (2021)

For Harry Styles, Halloween came while on tour. He took full advantage of this by making his New York concert a Halloween themed event named ‘Harryween’. Harry wowed his fans as Dorothy from The Wizard Of Oz. He took a little dog in a basket on stage with him and, of course, sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

Saweetie (2020)

In 2020, rapper Saweetie recreated the iconic Destiny’s Child album cover for Bootylicious. Saweetie nailed all three looks, perfectly channelling Beyonce, Kelly Rowland and Michele Williams.

Cardi B (2019)

Cardi B stunned as the comic book favourite, Poison Ivy. She donned skin-tight green thigh-high boots, a leaf inspired bralette and matching green elbow gloves. The star of the show was undeniably the red wig which draped across the floor.

Kendall Jenner (2019)

In 2019, Kendall Jenner hosted a Halloween themed birthday party where she dressed as a forest fairy. She impressed her guests with a jaw-dropping gold feathered mini dress, gold elf ears and gold wings. Jenner exemplified taking a basic Halloween costume and turning it into a showstopper.

Kylie Jenner (2018)

Seeing as the Barbie movie set to be released next year, an honourable mention has to go to Kylie Jenner’s Barbie doll look. She donned a pink bathing suit, pink shoes, pink makeup, and a blonde wig. For her Instagram post, Kylie even posed inside a Barbie doll box. She then took her look a step further by posting in a second outfit, wearing a multi coloured dress while sitting in a hot-pink Barbie inspired Ferrari.

Kourtney Kardashian (2018)

Yet another Kardashian sister- Kourtney channelled Ariana Grande from her No Tears Left To Cry music video. She rocked the iconic ponytail, pink baby doll dress and thigh high boots. This costume got Grande’s seal of approval as well, as the pop-star commented a chain of hearts on Kourtney’s Instagram post.

Katy Perry (2016)

Katy Perry made a statement when she dressed as Hilary Clinton in 2016. Clinton was one of the candidates for the presidential elections in the United States which took place just eight days later. Perry committed to the look with a bunch of prosthetics and a short blonde wig.

Heidi Klum (2015)

Over the years Klum, the queen of the spooky season, has worn some show-stopping Halloween costumes. Her 2015 look as Jessica Rabbit from the cartoon Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a stand-out success. She looked almost identical to the character with her red wig, red dress, and purple elbow gloves.

Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber (2013)

This couple went as Guns N’ Roses members for Halloween. Crawford styled Slash rocked a black curly wig, a top-hat, tattoo sleeve and a guitar. Gerber wore Axl Rose’s iconic red bandana and long blonde wig.

Alyana Beg

Featured image courtesy of Nika Benedictova via Unsplash. Image license found here. No changes were made to this image.

In-article image 1 courtesy of @haileybieber via Instagram. No changes were made to this image.

In-article image 2 courtesy of @Harry_Styles via Twitter. No changes were made to this image.

In-article image 3 courtesy of @tmz_tv via Instagram. No changes were made to this image.

In-article image 4 courtesy of @iamcardib via Twitter. No changes were made to this image.

In-article image 5 courtesy of @BritishVogue via Twitter. No changes were made to this image.

In-article image 6 courtesy of @KylieJenner via Twitter. No changes were made to this image.

In-article image 7 courtesy of @kourtneykardash via Instagram. No changes were made to this image.

In-article image 8 courtesy of @katyperry via Twitter. No changes were made to this image.

In-article image 9 courtesy of @heidiklum via Twitter. No changes were made to this image.

In-article video 10 courtesy of @StalkerSarahTV via YouTube. No changes were made to this video.

For more content including uni news, reviews, entertainment, lifestyle, features and so much more, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like our Facebook page for more articles and information on how to get involved. 

If you just can’t get enough of Lifestyle, like our Facebook as a reader or contributor.

FashionLifestyleStyleStyle Profiles