Friday Five-Way: 17th October

Going into the Five Way this weekend we have an IMPACT Sport first – a public apology. To all Charlton fans: it has been brought to my attention that, in the last five way, I referred to an ‘unbeaten home record’ when in fact that was only half the story. What I should’ve said is an ‘unbeaten league record, BOTH HOME AND AWAY’. I deeply regret this grave statistical error and apologise unreservedly.

Bayern Munich vs. Werder Bremen – Sat 18th Oct – K.O. 2.30pm
Prediction: HOME WIN
Odds: 1/9

Unbeaten in the league so far this season, Bayern have only been denied the three points twice (a 1-1 at Shalke and a 0-0 with Hamburg). It has been nothing but clear skies and crystal waters at the Allianz as Bayern have won all their home games, scoring 10 compared to just the 1 that has snuck past Manuel Neuer. You have to go back to 2008 for Bremen’s last win against Bayern, which means the chances of them getting their first league win of the season on Saturday are beyond slim. – HOME WIN

Levante vs. Real Madrid – Sat 18th Oct – K.O. 3pm
Prediction: AWAY WIN
Odds: 2/9

The Galacticos are sat 4th in La Liga after a slow start that saw them suffer 3 losses and a draw in their opening 6 matches, but after 6 straight wins in all competitions, a record number of league hat-tricks for Ronaldo, 27 goals scored to just 5 conceded, Real are working their way back into the title race. The two sides have met 14 times in the league and Madrid have come out on top in 11 of those. On Saturday, they’ll make that 12 – AWAY WIN.

You have to go back to 2008 for Bremen’s last win against Bayern, which means the chances of them getting their first league win of the season on Saturday are beyond slim.

Peterborough United vs. Barnsley – Sat 18th Oct – K.O. 3pm
Prediction: HOME WIN
Odds: 11/12

The Posh are already 5 points off the pace setters Bristol City but this is through no fault of their own; they’ve already notched up 7 wins this season and have only been bettered once at London Road (2-1 by Sheffield United). Of the 28 league meetings between the sides only 3 have ever been draws, which suggests honours will NOT be even on Saturday, and seeing as Barnsley are 13th with a record that reads 4-3-4 (the definition of average) IMPACT is backing Fergie’s boys – HOME WIN.

Barcelona vs. Eibar – Sat 18th Oct – K.O. 7pm
Prediction: HOME WIN
Odds: 2/17

Previous meetings between these two sides total the same as the number of goals Barca have conceded this season… 0. And on their maiden voyage to the Camp Nou, Eibar have reason to be fearful: Barca have a knack of dispatching of La Liga’s minnows with professional ease – 5-0 Levante and 6-0 Granada – to name just a couple. Eibar sent their fans to dreamland on the opening day when they beat Sociedad but then they haven’t won since the 19th of September and are on a run of 3 draws, which will be ended on Saturday (just not in the way they’d hope) – HOME WIN

Of the 28 league meetings between the sides only 3 have ever been draws, which suggests honours will NOT be even on Saturday

Bournemouth vs. Charlton – Sat 18th Oct – K.O. 3pm – BRAVEBET
Prediction: DRAW
Odds: 29/10

Last time Charlton appeared in the five-way I had to publish an apology (see above) yet, here they are again. The side who are unbeaten all season and have only lost once under the tenure of big Bob Peeters have become somewhat specialists at drawing. Their 7 league draws is more than anyone else in the division. And whilst only 6 of the 28 meetings between the sides have been draws, Saturday will be the 7th – DRAW

Ben Wright

Are you getting in on this accumulator? Let us know, or share your own tips in the comments or on the Impact Sport Facebook page or via Twitter.

Check out past Friday Five-Ways here.

Odds accurate as of 4pm, 17/10/2014 sourced at oddschecker.com

image courtesy of bleacherreport.com