Trailer Watch – Horns

Daniel Radcliffe’s acting prowess continues to improve as he establishes himself as a bona fide thespian with his bold choices in roles and critically acclaimed performances. Having previously given us a Halloween treat in 2012 with the classically horrifying The Woman in Black, Radcliffe takes a turn for the more twisted in Horns, adopting an authentic American accent and devilish new look.

Although initially the plot appears slightly ridiculous, the trailer provides a promising look into a fascinatingly original and exciting film. In typical whodunnit fashion, Horns follows Radcliffe’s character Ig, as he is accused of killing his girlfriend Merrin (Juno Temple). Despite pleading innocence, he then grows a fancy pair of horns, which does little to diminish his growing public image as a murderous villain.

With plenty of action, romance, laughs and suspense, this supernatural thriller is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Having taken on the blockbuster, Broadway musical, the classic horror film and the romantic comedy, as Daniel Radcliffe now ventures into the black comedy genre, we can only wonder what on earth he’ll have a stab at next.

Horns sprouts into UK cinemas this October 29th.

Sabrina Barr

Click here for more Trailer Watch.

Let us know your thoughts on this trailer via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment.

Writer and Editor for the Film & TV section of Impact, Bharat is a keen previewer, reviewer and sometimes just viewer, of all things cinematic and televisual, with a particular passion for biographical pictures, adaptations and sitcoms.