Trailer Watch – Ant-Man

With everyone’s favourite Marvel characters kicking off the summer in Age of Ultron, the second Marvel movie of 2015 will introduce us to a whole new cast of characters. Despite a rocky production, it’s finally time to meet Marvel’s smallest hero: Ant-Man.

Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) has created a suit which allows the wearer to shrink to the size of, and communicate with, ants. In our first look at the film, he recruits thief Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) to don the suit to save the world – or more importantly, the world of Scott Lang’s young daughter. Why exactly it needs saving and how Lang will do so remains unclear, though it does involve riding a fly, apparently.

The surprise smash hit of the summer was undoubtedly Guardians of the Galaxy, where Marvel managed to make audiences fall in love with a talking racoon and a tree. From this trailer, Ant-man has a very different feel than other Marvel properties, the trailer not quite inspiring the thrill and excitement that past films have. Bringing phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to a close is a big responsibility and following just two months after the huge Age of Ultron, will Ant-Man continue Marvels cinematic domination or fall short of fan’s incredibly high expectations?

Ant-Man is scheduled to be released on July 17, 2015.

Henry Stanley

Click here for more Trailer Watch

Let us know your thoughts on this trailer via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment.

• Webby the spiderman
    25 January 2015 at 15:11