Music

Live Review: Peace, The Bodega (05/02/15)

The B’town band Peace are touring the country playing intimate shows, and with 3 sold out nights at Nottingham’s own Bodega, Impact magazine went to experience some of those famous Peace vibes.

Coming onto stage to meet a packed out Bodega, Peace opened with ‘Higher than the sun’ from their 2013 debut album ‘In Love’, kick starting a bouncing Bodega floor as the fans erupted in a classic Peace gig dance mosh that lasted the duration of the set. After a couple of those guitar flowing favorites from In Love, creating a crowd eager to sing along to the mesmerizing sounds of Peace all night, the crowd was warned to bear with them as they played the title track off their forthcoming album ‘Happy People’ live for the first time. Yet there was no need for bearing with them as it was performed without a hitch to a crowd loving every second of the track.

the fans erupted in a classic Peace gig dance mosh that lasted the duration of the set

Singles from the bands second album were brilliantly received; the funky playful sounds of ‘Happy People’ filled The Bodega, creating a real overwhelming sense of happiness in the crowd – clearly an appropriately named album. The disco ball that hangs over the crowd seemed perfectly fitting with the disco-esque vibes of ‘lost on me’.

The dreamy drones of California Daze seemed to inspire many a snapchat story as a sea of iPhones leapt into the air. The crowd belated out the lyrics to every song along with singer Harrison Koisser, creating a perfectly intimate gig atmosphere.

Even though it was the bands second night playing Notts, their energy didn’t slack. The boys returned for an encore to a euphoric crowd desperate to hear more and Peace did not disappoint.

how could you not enjoy the bass solos of Sam Koisser in the funk enthused new track?

Changing the tone they launched into ‘Someday’ a notably more stripped back and somber track off the new album. The emotion of the song was infectious, with swaying arms along to the beautifully drawling voice of Koisser.

Finishing with the more classic upbeat Peace style songs the crowd showed some serious love for ‘Lovesick’ and ‘World Pleasure’, how could you not enjoy the bass solos of Sam Koisser in the funk enthused new track?

Peace lived up to their reputation, they vibed so hard, the guitar heavy funk to the hazy creations created a wonderfully high energy gig atmosphere with a perfect set list of old and new. Everyone certainly left ‘happy people’.

Chloe Loizou

For more from Impact Music, check us out on Twitter

Music
  • Charles Manson
    17 February 2015 at 15:49