Gaming

E3 2015 Coverage – Dishonored 2

“It’s happened again, someone’s pulled the rug out from under you. An empire at your feet and you’ve lost it all.” – Dishonored 2

The familiar voice of The Outsider dramatically sets the tone for the trailer of Dishonored 2, sequel to acclaimed stealth action-adventure Dishonored published by Bethesda Softworks in 2012. Co-Creative Directors of Arkane Studios, Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio, presented Dishonored 2 at around the mid-way mark of Bethesda’s Sunday E3 Showcase to loud applause.

The focus of the cinematic trailer is the now playable Emily Kaldwin, now a young woman since being a ten year-old girl of high importance in the first game. The city is warm and temperate Karnaca, capital city of Corvo’s native island and a good contrast to Dunwall from Dishonored. The trailer revealed new powers, traps, and automaton bodyguards.

Emily Kaldwin and Corvo Attano will be playable, each with different powers and abilities. The plot will take place after “an otherworldly usurper steals the throne from Emily”. Gameplay will be similar to Dishonored, allowing for creative kills or an entirely non-lethal approach.

Dishonored Definitive Edition, featuring all additional content and graphical enhancements, has been announced for Xbox One and Playstation 4, available Autumn 2015. Dishonored 2 is confirmed to be available for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4, currently without release date.

Tom Evans

Get in touch via Facebook or Twitter, and feel free to leave a comment below. 

Gaming