Just Announced: Bieber to play warm up gig at Rock City

Nottingham’s best kept secret has been leaked a few days before its official announcement. As a warm up before his massive summer of festivals, including V fest, Justin Bieber will be playing three secret shows across the country. One in London at the O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire (13th June), One in Southampton at the O2 Guildhall (15th June), and one right here in Nottingham at the famous Rock City (16th June). All of these gigs are designed to be slightly more intimate than his upcoming Arena tour in October, specifically hitting cities that won’t be covered by the shows later in the year. Other than London, of course…

The last time the pop starlet turned superstar hit Nottingham it was at the 10,000 capacity giant that was then known as the Capital FM Arena. Now he is playing a club approximately one fifth of the size. Good luck getting tickets for this one, they go on sale Monday 3rd April at 9am from the usual outlets, but apparently the Rock City website itself will have a majority of the availability and so will be the best bet for budding beliebers. This looks set to be a pretty special night for anyone that does manage to get tickets, especially considering it’s placement toward the end of exam season. This could be the ideal way to kickstart the summer, but come Monday morning it will there will be thousands of fans screaming at their computers to refresh the ticketmaster website.

“Tickets go on sale Monday 3rd April at 9am from the usual outlets”

After getting into trouble for cancelling numerous meet & greets, but continuing VIP meetings with celebrities and friends, Bieber’s popularity looked at risk for the first time since the incredible success that accompanied the release of his most recent album. Purpose topped both album charts and single charts (for weeks) across the globe. Rock City have done a spectacular job of securing this gig for Nottingham, and fans are expected to be queuing along Talbot Street for days before the show. If you are lucky enough to get a ticket (at the reasonable price of £25) then you can expect a full set, with a slightly scaled down stage show. Leaking this morning, this news was not expected to be announced until Monday morning, just one hour before tickets were due to go on sale.

Funnily enough, a member of the backstage team accidentally let slip the news, and we have since had confirmation from both the venue, and Bieber’s press agent. Only Beyoncé would be able to pull off a secret gig nowadays without word getting out before she wanted. Of course, the IMPACT team will be doing our best to secure tickets and press passes in order to review the show, but it appears we may have serious competition from the national press, due to the intimate nature of the gig. Like those reading, we will be refreshing endlessly from 8:45. Surely it is worth a try though, for an event this monumental?

Bruce Startop

Image: Themeplus via Flickr

Follow Impact Music on Facebook and Twitter 

MusicMusic Features