Impact needs YOU!

Want to get involved in UoN’s award-winning student magazine? Now is your chance! Impact is looking for talented, dedicated and hard-working individuals to become part of the Impact 2016-2017 team. The official IMPACT ELECTIONS DAY will take place on Saturday 7th May, in the Hub from 10am – 4pm. 

Candidates are expected to deliver a 1-minute speech on the Elections Day. In order to apply please click here.

Managing Editor:

Are you interested in management but also have a love for all things media-related? Then the Managing Editor position is perfect for you! The role entails leading the Management team (which includes the following positions) in promoting the magazine through social media engagement, event organisation and various marketing strategies. As Managing Editor, you will also be responsible for overseeing Impact’s finances – from which you will gain invaluable skills!

Events Manager:

From the prestigious Media Conference to the sassiest jazz music night in town, as Events Manager, you’ll be play an integral part in organising all of them. If you think you’re a proactive individual who doesn’t mind rolling your sleeves up and getting your hands dirty, apply to join the fabulous team now!

PR Manager:

If you have a passion for networking and organisation and would like to pursue a career in PR, this role is just what you need! Its great fun, you get to liaise with businesses in Nottingham, help with arranging events and competitions, and of course, meet lots of new people! You’ll learn the basics of PR whilst having a blast, so apply now!

Distribution Manager:

As Logistics Manager, you’ll be in charge of Impact’s distribution around UoN’s different campuses and around Nottingham, making sure the magazine is available to be seen and read by as many people as possible! You’ll also get the chance to assist with the planning of promotional events and be a valued member of the management team. Due to the nature of this role, it is necessary to have access to a car.

Social Media Manager:

Do YOU have an affinity for Social Media? Are you constantly ‘online’, checking Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, love talking to people and wish to use your engaging skills in promoting, sharing and ensuring our Magazine material reaches our students? Do you enjoy planning events and want the chance to plan our annual Media Conference, then apply now!

Advertising Manager:

The Advertising Manager role is perfect for anyone interested in a future career in advertising and sales. As Advertising Manager your chief aim is to sell as many advertisement slots in the print magazine as well as online through liaising with local and national businesses. You will potentially be able to gain significant contacts within these businesses as well as gain extremely useful communication and sales skills.