Breaking News

BREAKING: Police called to Florence Boot

At around 5pm on Friday evening police were called to Florence Boot Hall to investigate a student in possession of a large number of guns.

The situation has now been resolved, but it remains unclear whether the firearms were real. Some reports claim the student is a member of the Shooting Society and the guns were airsoft.

Allegedly, the police were called after a cleaner found a gun in the student’s room.

Impact went to Florence Boot to investigate. None of the residents knew exactly what had happened and described the situation as “very strange”.

A student told Impact:

“The guy put on the chat “oh, sorry for getting the police involved” and sent a picture of all the guns, and people were, like, “what’s going on?”, and he said that they were fake guns. Apparently, now they’re locked in security reception. People were, like, worried if they were real guns […]”

The hall porter refused to provide more information but said the situation has been resolved.

UPDATE:

A Nottinghamshire Police spokesperson said: “We’re aware of images circulated that appear to show weapons found at a University of Nottingham halls of residence.

“We assessed these weapons which we know are replicas and are not of any danger to anyone. Our enquiries have been completed and no offences have been disclosed.”

Goda Naujokaityte

Image courtesy of ‘Shamraze/Nuhaize’ via Flickr. License here.

Follow Impact News on Facebook 

Breaking NewsHappening On CampusNews
  • Anonymous
    8 December 2017 at 23:45