Happening On Campus

Man arrested after stabbing in Broadgate Park

A 22-year-old male was taken to the hospital after being stabbed on 4th February in Broadgate Park.

Nottinghamshire Police have announced that a 20-year-old man, who allegedly lives in Redwoods in Broadgate Park , has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

The police were called to Turnpike Lane at around 5.55pm on Sunday. According to Nottinghamshire Police, the 22-year-old’s injuries are not life-threatening.

“Usually things like this happens on the TV”

Impact talked to a student from Broadgate Park who said: “Usually things like this happens on the TV, but [it is different] when it actually comes into your daily life. I was utterly scared because I had a clear view of it from my window.”

“we heard screaming that day […]”

Another student from Broadgate said: “The hall staff tries to make us believe that they don’t know anything about it to keep us silent, but we heard screaming that day and our flat group chat was burning [with messages].”

A spokeswoman from the University said: “From the time of the incident onwards, the pastoral care and security teams at Broadgate Park and in the wider University have been responding to ensure that those affected are being cared for. Students within the block are being supported by hall wardens, and advised to raise any concerns with them.  We continue to liaise with colleagues in the Police Service as they continue their investigation.”

Junzhi Yan

Featured image courtesy of ‘Matt Buck’ via Flickr. License here.

Follow Impact News on Facebook.

Happening On CampusNews