Rosa’s Recommendation of the Week – Pepper Rocks

Sophie talks us through this week's recommendation.

I discovered this gem of a place back in second year and haven’t looked back since. Cosy, cool and with a huge range of tasty drinks on offer, Pepper Rocks is the perfect location to relax and enjoy a few cocktails with friends or family.  

Firstly, the décor of Pepper Rocks is one of a kind; the plush sofas, chairs and little tables contrasting with forest-like plants sprouting from all angles and cute fairy lights galore. Seriously Instagramable. The dim lighting also helps to create a chilled, laid-back vibe. This bar is almost like a Tardis, tucked away on Bridlesmith Gate (the road in the city centre with the big Waterstones), you’ve probably walked past hundreds of times without noticing. Pepper Rocks looks deceivingly small from the outside, when in fact there are three floors to explore, including several outdoor areas for those warmer evenings.

The drinks are also to die for. Priced at £4.50 a pop everyday before 10pm, you really can’t go wrong. Choose anything from a classic mojito to a wide variety of fruity daquiris to a more adventurous sweet treat like the Drumstick lolly cocktail (which actually comes with a lolly). Or if you’re like me, try them all.

If you happen to be feeling a bit peckish, then go forth and indulge in a Bunk Hot Dog. The perfect tasty snack to accompany your drinks if you ask me. With free popcorn to help yourself to, you don’t have to splash out to keep yourself happy.

And if the beverages and hot dogs weren’t enough to convince you to check it out, Pepper Rocks put on special events pretty much every week. These include live music, open mic nights and opportunities to bring along and play your own vinyl records.

Sophie Hunt

All images courtesy of Pepper Rocks via Facebook.

For more Food Articles follow Impact Magazine on Facebook and Twitter. 

FoodFood ReviewsLifestyleNutrition