Rosa’s Recommendation of the Week – Pieminister

Alana talks us through this week's recommendation.

Pieminister, located on Long Row in the centre of Nottingham, is an award-winning restaurant specialising in pies.

Among the 14 different pie options, there are a selection of small plate, sides, ‘sticks’, extras, and a range of desserts and drinks. Small plates include pigs in blankets and spicy cauliflower, and there are plenty of delicious sides ranging from cheesy mash and onion rings, to loaded fries and macaroni cheese.

There are plenty of options for vegetarians, vegans, gluten-free, pescatarians and meat eaters alike, with a selection of both traditional pies as well as fishy pies and more individual pies such as the Saag Pie-neer, which is an Indian inspired pie consisting of paneer, potato, spinach, pea, chilli and mango.

For those with a sweet tooth, there are also plenty of desserts available. Included in the dessert selection are a range of soft scoop sundaes, ranging from the vegan special ‘Gold Digger’ which consists of salted caramel vegan ice cream and millionaire shortbread, to the ‘Chockwork Orange’ and ‘Apple Pie’ soft scoops. For those who prefer a more traditional dessert, Sticky Toffee Pud and Hot Chocolate Pud can also be found on the menu.

Alongside the usual range of soft and fizzy drinks, there are vanilla, chocolate, and salted caramel milkshakes as well as a range of craft beers, wines and spirits, and a small selection of cocktails.

“if that doesn’t lure you in, I don’t know what will”

There are many deals available at Pieminister, making it a very student-friendly place to eat out. Among the deals available are 3 small plates for £9.95, any pie with 2 regular sides for £8.95, any pie with two sides and a stick for £9.95, and the Sunday best for £9.95 which includes any pie, mash, pig in blanket and pork crackling (replaced with stuffing if you’re vegetarian or vegan), Yorkshire pudding, baby roasties, carrot and swede mash and gravy. You can even make the gravy bottomless for £1 and if that doesn’t lure you in, I don’t know what will.

Aside from the menu, the interior of Pieminister is pretty cool, much more so than it seems from the outside, with its big wooden benched-tables and dim lighting. An element making Pieminister an even cooler place is the fact that there are two hidden-away escape rooms upstairs, which you can pay to go to separately, or as a package with a meal included at the very reasonable price of £25pp.

To see the full menu and everything else on offer at Pieminister click here.

Alana McKenna 

All images courtesy of Pieminister via Facebook.

For more Food Articles follow Impact Magazine on Facebook and Twitter. 

FoodLifestyleNutrition