Fashion

Style Icon: Stacey Dooley

I will get straight to the point, I am in love with Stacey Dooley.

For those of you who do not know, Stacey is a BBC journalist and documentary presenter. Over her ten-year career, she has worked on documentaries that have seen her getting up close to ISIS, to one of her newest, Stacey Dooley Investigates: Fashion’s Dirty Secrets. The documentary is a must watch and uncovers the impact of the fashion industry on the environment.

It is glaringly obvious from her Instagram that Stacey LOVES fashion and her investigation into the industry sends a message of sustainability to consumers.

“Fast fashion is one of the world’s worst polluters ? ….. Btw….we not saying don’t treat yourself to clothes that make you feel fancy, we sayin don’t buy a cheap, shitty tee that you don’t even really love…wear it once and then throw it away….”

Stacey’s style is minimalist: neutral colours, token gold hoops and oversized clothes. Her looks seem simple, but are extremely effective.

At present, she is a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing. The show sees her wearing sparkly numbers and heavy make-up, a far cry from her true style. (But she looks amazing either way).

Here she looks effortlessly cool walking her beloved dog, Bernie. Her autumnal look works perfectly with her gorgeously fiery hair.

At work, as in leisure, Stacey sticks with her aesthetic. This statement 70s vibe denim jumpsuit is a standout favourite of mine.

Even in her more formal wear, she remains minimal but makes a statement. Her footwear of choice is often trainers, mules or funky boots, all of which are extremely on trend.

Ms Dooley is an extremely accomplished journalist and always manages to look so easily fashionable. She is 100% a style and personal icon of mine.

Millie Buttery

Featured image and article images courtesy of @sjdooley on Instagram.

If you would like to write for Impact Lifestyle drop us an email at lifestyle@impactnottingham.com.

To keep up to date follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

FashionLifestyleStyle